Friday, July 4, 2014

Garden Flower, recycled style!!

Plates, candle votive = Garden flower.  



  Follow me below on how I made a few from items from a thrift store.


Went through my stash of plates and glassware and picked out what I thought would look great together.  I like the look of purple and yellow together.


 I used a clear silicone adhesive (GE Silicone 3 rain-ready) to attach the pieces together.  (Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area)


All the pieces are glued together...I let this set all day, by the end of the day, I picked it up by the votive...held strong!!


It took me some searching trying to decide how I wanted to attach my "flower" to the pole.  There are lots of different ideas out there, but this is one I thought would be the most effective.  This is called a Bell Clamp, 3/4".  I put a strip of adhesive around the bottom of the bell and attached it to the middle of my plate.


I attached it to a piece of conduit.  This one pictured was cut at 3'  about 8" is hammered into the ground to secure it.  You can attach the bell hanger to the pole.  This will make it easy in the winter to take down to help preserve my creation longer, or if I decide to put it in another area of my garden.


A pop of color in the middle of all the green.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, don't be afraid to make one for your garden!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment