Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Junky Art Signs, old rusty tools and more

As I was roaming around images for junky garden art, I came across of few signs made from old rusty tools and such.  Well of course I just had to make a couple for myself!  :)  So into my garage and into my buckets of stuff...well junky stuff, things I have found in old tool boxes from the auctions we have gone to, and other miscellaneous things I have saved for those "just in case I need it".   And a newly acquired piece of barn wood.

The word " Welcome" is made from;  long rusty screws for the "W", door hinges (make great "E's"), Allen wrench (L), a lamp(thingamajig) for a "C", the "O" is some kind of weight, and the "M" are off some kind of clamp.  I drilled holes and attached wire to help keep each letter in place.
I wanted  to add a pop of color to this sign, so I decided to paint the vowels a different color; now it looks a little more colorful for the summer.  A couple of coats of Clear Enamel to help preserve it and you have a new "junky" art sign!

Here are two "love" sign I made also.



If you decide to make your own "junky" art sign, I would love for you to share so we can see what you came up with!!



No comments:

Post a Comment