Sunday, June 15, 2014

Antique Single Tree, Yoke Harness

We love going to auctions...and to be completely honest...I'm "addicted" to them....I love the thrill of bidding, out bidding, and finding that diamond in the rough.  Below is one of those diamonds, well, to us anyway.   This single tree may not make us rich, but I just love the way it turned out...the richness of the wood with the coolness of the metal....it just rings...use me again!!   Disclaimer: (I had no idea what the name of this was, Rick did, and he knew we had to have it!)



 This is the before picture....old, dirty, rusty.  With a little bit of elbow grease, stain, and metal rust-oleum flat black paint, then finished off with some clear coat to help protect it and you get this........


Don't you just love her.....I'm going to keep this one, use the end rings to hold up either hanging plants or I've been wanting to make mason jar lights...this just may be the piece we use for that project.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out today's project.  I hope the next time you are antiquing you find your diamond in the rough!!


No comments:

Post a Comment